पूर्वभागे वयं धर्मस्य तथा च रिलिजन् इत्यस्य लिङ्-लक्ष्य-विषयम् आलोचनाम् अकुर्म । धर्मः रिलिजन् इति कदापि समतुल्यः नास्ति एवं रिलिजन् इत्यस्य गाड् इति अस्माकं देवतासदृशः नास्ति इति वयं प्रमाणेन सह अदर्शयाम ।
धर्मः निज-पदार्थ-माध्यमे (“Indic categories”) पाश्चात्य-रिलिजन् इत्यस्य पदार्थं (“Western Categories”) नैव व्यवहारं कृत्वा अस्माभिः बोधनीयः । एवमेव निज-पदार्थ-माध्यमेन पाश्चात्य रिलिजन् इति वयं बोधेम । अन्य-पक्ष-मतानुसन्धानं प्राचीनकालात् पूर्वपक्षः इति उच्यते ।
एषः भागे वयं क्रिस्तीयरिलिजन् इत्यस्य (ख्रीष्टीयमतस्य) तत्त्व-विश्लेषणं करिष्यामः।
क्रिस्तीय-रिलिजन् इत्यस्य मूलतत्त्वानि
महानुभाव-पाठकेभ्यः वयं कतिचन प्रश्नं प्रस्तुतं कुर्मः। उत्तराणि कानि एवं युक्ति-विज्ञान-प्रमाणाधारिताणि वा न इति विचारणीयः।
- शनिवासरः च रविवासरः च अवकाश-दिवसौ किमर्थम् ?
- क्रिस्तीय-मतावलम्बी किमर्थं सदा उपरि-स्थितस्य गाड-परिकल्पनायाः उल्लेखं करोति? 
- सैन्ट् (“saint”) इति क्रिस्तीय-महाप्रचारकः आश्चर्यमयं अविश्वासनीयं चमत्कारं (“miracles”) कर्तुं शक्नोति इति मन्यते। वेटिकन चर्च (“Vatican Church”) इति समस्थया कथ्यते यत् मदर-टेरेसा-महोदया (“Mother Teresa”) कर्करोग-पीडितां (“cancer patient”) औषध-चिकित्सया विना नीरोगमकरोत् |
- सोल् इत्यस्य कर्षणं (“Soul Harvesting”) किम्? ख्रीष्टिय-मत-प्रचारकाः किमर्थम् “सोल्”-कर्षणं कुर्वन्ति?
एतानि सर्वाणि प्रश्नोत्तराणि तेषां पवित्र-ग्रन्थे “Holy Bible” इति नामके उपलब्धाः | ततः क्रिस्तीय-मतस्य मूल-विचार-दर्शनम् अधः प्रस्तुतं क्रियते :
- गाड् इति विश्वस्य सृष्टिकर्ता । ,  सः उपरि स्वर्ग-स्थितः (“Kingdom of Heaven”) । 
- सः षड्-दिवसे विश्वं रराच । क्लान्तं भूत्वा सप्तदिवस-शनिवासरे (“Sabbath day”) सः सश्राम । रविवासरे जीसस क्राइस्ट (“Jesus Christ”) इति पुनर्जीवनम् पप्राप एवं तत्पश्चात् सः प्रतिरविवासरे आगच्छति स्म । उपरन्तु रविवासरे “Holy Spirit” इति अनवतार । तस्मात् कारणात् शनिवासररविवासरौ अवकाश-दिवसौ ।
- गाड् इति क्रोधीः ईर्षापूर्णः अन्य-मत-विद्वेषी ।, ,  सः समकामिनम् (“homosexual”) च अविश्वास-कर्तारं (“atheist”) च घृणां करोति ।, , 
- मनुष्यः पापी जातः (“born sinner”) एवं तस्य उद्धारं प्रयोजनम् ।  मनुष्यः निज-प्रचेष्टया आध्यात्मिकोन्नतिं कदापि न कर्तुं शक्नोति ।
- जीसस क्राइस्ट (“Jesus Christ”) इति गाड् इत्यस्य पुत्रः | सः गाड्-मनुष्यस्य मध्ये संयोगः स्थापयति । केवलं जीसस क्राइस्ट इति मनुष्यस्य पापमोचनं कर्तुं शक्नोति । अपरं उपायं नास्ति अतएव सोल् इत्यस्य कर्षणं मनुष्य-कल्यानार्थं प्रयोजनम् । 
गाड् इति क्रोधीः ईर्षापूर्णः समकामि-तिरस्कारी अविश्वासि-विरोधी अक्रिस्तीय- मतावलम्बि-दण्डदायकः इति विख्यात-पाश्चात्य-बुद्धिजीविनः Richard Dawkins महोदयस्य विचारः | मनुष्यः आशाहीनः पापात्मजातः | सः स्वप्रयासे आध्यात्मिकोनतीः न कर्तुम् शक्नोति । गाड्पुत्रः जीसस क्राइस्ट इति गाड्-मनुष्य इत्यस्य मध्ये घटकवत् मध्यस्थः । क्रिस्तीय-सैन्ट् इति समूहः अलौकिक-क्षमताधिकारी – आधुनिके उन्नतमाने चिकित्सा-पद्धत्यां यत् असंभवं तत् तेन ऐन्द्रजालिकोपये कर्तुं शक्यते ।
विश्वप्रसिद्ध-वैज्ञानिकस्य Stephen Hawking महोदयस्य विचारे एतस्मिन् मते युक्ति-तर्क-चिन्तनस्य स्थानं नास्ति | केवेलम् अन्ध-विश्वासः प्रयोजनम् | प्रख्यात-समाज-परिशोदकेन Christopher Hitchens महाभागेन कथितः यत् मनुष्ये भयं प्रयोजनं – नरकस्य भयं, गाड् इत्यस्य दण्डस्य भयं इत्यादि | ईदृषम् उत्पीडक-दमन्कारी-विश्वासं यः परित्यक्त्वा विज्ञान-युक्ति-तर्कं व्यवहारं कर्तुम् शक्नोति सः प्रकृत-वैज्ञानिकः बुद्धि-जिवी | 
ततः पाश्चात्य-समाजे प्रायः सर्वे विख्याताः वैज्ञानिकाः रिलिजन् इति विश्वासं परित्यक्त्वा Atheist इति भवन्ति | अस्मादेव कारणात् विज्ञान-रिलिजन्-सङ्घर्शः (“Science versus Religion“) इति पाश्चत्य-समाजे अत्यन्त-महत्वपूर्ण-आलोचना-विषयः | परन्तु अस्माकं धर्माधरित-हिन्दु-समाज-इतिहासे ईदृशः द्वन्दः कदापि न उद्भूयते – बहवः स्रेष्ठाः वैज्ञानिकाः ब्राह्मणाः (“Priestly class”) आसन् ।
आगामिभागे वयं इस्लामीय-दीन इति विषयम् आलोचनां करिष्यामः |
Hindu Dharma – 2: Analysis of Christianity
In the previous part we had explored the various aspects and aims of Dharma. With evidence we had suitably demonstrated that Dharma is not the same as religion, and that so-called God is not the same as our Devas and Devis. We should understand our culture using our own categories rather than relying on western categories. In the same way, we should understand Religion from a Dharmic Indian perspective. This practice of understanding the other has been known as Purvapaksha from ancient times. In this article we will undertake a clinical analysis of Christianity and its categories.
Main Tattvas of Christianity
Some interesting questions are being presented to our esteemed readers. What the answers are and whether they are based on science and reason is something to be debated.
- Why is Saturday or Sunday a Holiday?
- The earth is round and hence there should be no “up” or “down”. Yet Christians always talk about a “God above”. Why?
- Christian saints are said to perform unbelievable miraculous deeds. According to Vatican Church, Mother Teresa is said to have cured a cancer patient without treatment and medication.
- What is soul harvesting? Why are Christian Missionaries obsessed with Soul harvesting?
The answer to all these questions are available in the Holy book of the Christians, the Bible. Therefore, the main teachings of Christianity are presented below.
- God created the Universe. God is different from His creation. God lives in heaven – the Kingdom of God.
- God created the world in 6 days. On the 7th day Saturday, He got tired and rested. Jesus Christ’s alleged resurrection happened on a Sunday. The Holy Spirit also descended on a Sunday. Hence Saturday and Sunday are holidays.
- God is angry and jealous. God detests homosexuals and atheists. God also hates non-Christians.
- Man is not a part of God, hence he has no divinity. Man is a born sinner and needs deliverance. Man can never evolve spiritually on his own accord.
- Jesus is the Son of God. He is the broker between man and God. Only Jesus can provide salvation to man. There is no other way, hence harvesting souls of non-believers is essential.
As per famous public intellectual and scientist Richard Dawkins, God is an angry, jealous, homosexual-hater, atheist-hater and non-Christian-hater. Man is despondent born sinner with no prospects of self-attained spiritual evolution. Jesus Christ is the son of God and the mediator between God and Man. Christian saints possess miraculous powers, through which they can cure diseases which even latest modern medical technology cannot.
As per Stephen Hawking, there is no place for reason, logic and thinking in religion. Only blind faith is required. Famous rationalist Christopher Hitchens points out that fear is also essential – fear of hell, fear of God’s punishment, fear of rejecting God. He who can reject such painfully oppressive and illogical belief system and accept Science and reason, is a true scientist and right thinking-individual.
Consequently, almost all scientists in the West give up “Religion” and become atheists. This is also why “Science versus religion” is such a big debate in the West. On the other hand, in Hindu society which is based on dharma and has no such divide, historically many of the Brahmanas, who were associated with spirituality were greatest scientists as well.
In the next part, we will discuss the core tents of Islam.
BBC News. (2016, September 3). Mother Teresa ‘cured my tumour’. Retrieved from BBC News: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-37256596
Dawkins, R. (2006). The God Delusion. London: Bantam Press.
Hitchens, C. (2007). God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything. Twelve Books.
IndiaFacts Staff. (2015, January 20). Soul harvesting as an onsite-offshore business model. Retrieved from IndiaFacts: https://indiafacts.org/soul-harvesting-onsite-offshore-business-model/
Matyszczyk, C. (2014, September 26). Stephen Hawking makes it clear: There is no God. Retrieved from cnet.com: https://www.cnet.com/news/stephen-hawking-makes-it-clear-there-is-no-god/
 The world is round (oblate spheroid technically) and hence there is no concept of above or below.
 In 2002, the Vatican ruled that an Indian woman’s stomach tumor had been miraculously cured after prayers to Mother Teresa. (BBC News, 2016)
 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. Colossians 1:16
 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
 And said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3
 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. Exodus 20:11
 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, … He is not here; he has risen! Luke 24:6
 When the day of Pentecost had come they were all together in one place … And there appeared to them tongues as of fire, distributed as resting upon each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1-4).
 …for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land. Deuteronomy 6:15
 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works. John 1:9-11
 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God.” Corinthians 6:9-10
 You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. Leviticus 18:22
 “If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them.” Leviticus 20:13
 For the director of music. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good. Psalm 14:1
 As it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.” “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.” … Romans 3:10-18
 “I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. Psalm 2:7
 (IndiaFacts Staff, 2015)
 “The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.” (Dawkins, 2006)
 Religion believes in miracles, but these aren’t compatible with science. – Stephen Hawking (Matyszczyk, 2014)
 “Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.” (Hitchens, 2007)
 “Religious fanatics want people to switch off their own minds, ignore the evidence, and blindly follow a holy book based upon private ‘revelation’.” (Richard Dawkins). http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/330958-it-would-be-intolerant-if-i-advocated-the-banning-of
Image credit: Head here.
Disclaimer: The facts and opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. IndiaFacts does not assume any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information in this article.
Subhodeep Mukhopadhyay is from a data science background and his research interest includes history, religion and philosophy. He is the author of “The Complete Hindu’s Guide to Islam” and “Ashoka the Ungreat”.